|The 2020 racing season ended with the SCCA Runoffs National Championship race at Road America. The result wasn’t what was expected for Bill Styczynski. Numerous problems plagued qualifying, placing Bill 17th on the grid of 28 cars. Bill did work his way up to 12th place before an unfortunate spin and contact with another car damaged the steering gearbox and front left spindle. The race itself was a typical hard fought Formula Vee race where 5 cars were still in contention for the win on the last lap. The broadcast video is available at https://www.scca.com/videos/2039586. Congratulations to Chris Jennerjahn on a very popular win. Race video from Bill’s car can be found at https://youtu.be/iJvgKYHl8H0.|
Eight of the race will be showcase on CBS Sport Networks. Each separate race, captured by Apex Broadcast for the 12th year in-a-row, will be 60 minutes in length and include commentary from motorsports broadcasting icon Bob Varsha, as well as Runoffs stalwarts Ryan Myrehn, Tom O’Gorman and Larry MacLeod with Heyward Wagner again providing coverage from pit lane. All broadcast times are Eastern and the schedule is subject to change. Check cable or satellite TV providers for local CBS Sports Network channels.
2020 Runoffs CBS Sports Network broadcast schedule:
– Sun., Nov. 29, 3 p.m. Eastern; Spec Racer Ford Gen3 (encore at 9 p.m. Eastern)
– Sun., Nov. 29, 4 p.m. Eastern; Spec Miata (encore at 10 p.m. Eastern)
– Sun., Dec. 6, 2 p.m. Eastern; American Sedan® (encore at 9 p.m. Eastern)
– Sun., Dec. 6, 3 p.m. Eastern; Formula Vee® (encore at 10 p.m. Eastern)
– Sun., Dec. 13, 2 p.m. Eastern; Super Touring Lite (encore at 9 p.m. Eastern)
– Sun., Dec. 13, 3 p.m. Eastern; B-Spec (encore at 10 p.m. Eastern)
– Sun., Dec. 20, 2 p.m. Eastern; Formula Enterprises 2 (encore at 9 p.m. Eastern)
– Sun., Dec. 20, 3 p.m. Eastern; GT-1 (encore at 10 p.m. Eastern)
|Overall, the racing season was a good distraction from the COVID-19 mess. In the process, Studio21 Architects also hosted two karting teams, raising over $14,000 for DuPage Pads, in their Drive for 135 event, which overall raised over $150,000.00. |
We hope 2021 will be closer to normal, with the season ending SCCA National Championship Runoffs to be held at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.